Please note that the 2014-2022 Touring / Bagger guards have a bit of a different design shown in the photo below:
The Steady Custom Cycles Tradition 4″ Extended Bag Guards are produced like no other bag guards on the market! Extended 4″ to cover 4″ stretched bags! Steady Custom Cycles built the Tradition 4″ Extended Bag Guards to solve the short bag guard problem that everyone faces when they get their bags extended! Built from large 1.25″ tubing for that fat and beefy look! For installation instructions please what the video uploaded on YouTube by DARKNESS ROAD KING and subscribe to his channel for more videos of our products. Here is a link to the installation video for the Bag Guards and Rails set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfw5mE5PeK8
For the ultimate styling package, be sure to purchase the matching Tradition Handlebars and Engine Guards as well!
SCC Bag Rails! If you’re planning to run bag rails, then please check the fitment list to make sure that the item will fit your bike. A customer representative will contact you after purchasing to confirm fitment.
- For 2014+ bikes, it’s required to cut the bag support tube so that it would slide into the slip-fit tube on these bag guards.
- If you are using newer saddlebags on older model bikes please note that the fitment will be a bit off in the sense that the rails will be closer to the bags than expected due to the customization of running the wrong year bags on the bike model.
- Bag Rails are not compatible with oval bags. If your extended bags have a bit of an oval shape where the center of the bag sticks out a bit, chances are it will scrape against the rails.
- Only compatible with mufflers up to 2.25″ diameter, anything larger than 2.25″ may touch the bag guards.
- Softails can purchase rear guards regardless of using saddlebags or not.
- If using fender covers; the rails may have clearance issues. Will only fit stock fender covers on Street Glide, Road Glide, Electra Glide.
- Softails can purchase rails but may need to change the saddlebag support brackets in order to have the proper mounting.
- AVAILABLE FOR BAGGER AND SOFTAIL MODELS (NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2018 & UP SOFTAILS, NOT AVAILABLE FOR SOFTAILS BEFORE THE 2000’s.)
Machined, formed, and finished in the U.S.A, from .120” wall cold roll steel that has been completely TIG welded in every jointed area. Built for specific Harley Davidson chassis, making installation a breeze!
OPTIONAL STEADY CUSTOM CYCLES 4″ Extended BAG RAILS SHOWN BELOW
PHOTO BELOW SHOWS THE 4″ EXTENDED BAG GUARDS WITH THE RAILS INSTALLED ON A SOFTAIL THAT WILL BE USING EXTENDED HARDBAGS.
PHOTOS BELOW DISPLAY THE 4″ EXTENDED BAG GUARDS FOR TOURING/BAGGER MODELS BETWEEN THE FOLLOWING YEARS 1997-2013
For those who are planning to run bag rails, please see below. Note the added slip-fit tube that would hold the bag rails in place. The rails below are customized with Spike ends (+$50), standard rails are shown in the photo above with 2 bends, no spikes. Rails are sold as a set with our Bag Guards, our rails do not fit other company’s Bag Guards. Rails are not kept in stock, they are made to order and are made to fit Original Harley-Davidson Stretch bags. Fitment is not guaranteed on all aftermarket bags. Photo confirmation for fitment will be requested. Please inform the sales rep. of any customizations on saddlebag support bracket and/or the fender, this includes adding an extender.
Also available in MATTE BLACK
Warranty: SCC Extended Bag Guards and Rails have a 90 day warranty against manufacturing defects. Warranty does not cover impact damage / discoloration / improper installation / improper use or modifications. Customizations are not available for these items. If tampered with the designed, damaged or discolored return and refund will NOT be available. Please have the items professionally installed for proper installation. Returns will not have shipping refunded once the product has been shipped. If canceling an order please call or email to cancel before product ships in order to receive full refund. When canceling a small cancelation fee will be charged from your refund depending on the reason for cancelation. If cancelation is due to no fault of our own the fee will be taken out from the refund.
Disclaimer: Engine and bag guards are ornamental/dress up products with no special functions. All engine guards are built to fit onto factory chassis/frame, if there is any modification that is done to the chassis, please contact us and let us know before ordering. For lowered motorcycles, please inform us prior to ordering. After installation, check swing-arm and muffler/pipe clearance to bag guards before riding the bike.